Making comments & complaints

image: a women contacting us using her tabletWe’re committed to giving you a positive customer experience – it’s one of our core values and it’s in our DNA.

Please let us know what you think of our service.

Your feedback is valuable and it helps us continually improve.

We’d like to hear…

If you’ve received great service

We love to hear when we get things right. Please let us know when you have a positive experience of our service - it allows us to pass your compliment to our teams and share it as best practice.

The quickest and easiest way to contact us is online using MyAccount:

Leave us a compliment


If you’ve any suggestions or feedback

If you have any feedback about our service or a suggestion about how we can improve it, we want to know! Please contact us with any ideas you have on what we can do better.

If you’d like to help shape our services, why not become one of our involved residents? Find out how you can get involved and work with us to design, monitor and scrutinise our services. 

If you’re unhappy with our services and want to make a complaint


Before making a complaint, have you tried to contact us? We might be able to quickly find a solution.

You can easily contact us using any of the ways below:

  • Email us using MyAccount:  

    Email us using MyAccount (our safe and secure online service). More than 20,000 housholds now use this quick and easy way to contact us.  
  • Telephone:

    Monday morning is our busiest time and we may take longer to answer calls. You can call us on 0800 121 60 60.  We’re available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 
  • Post: 

    If you’d like to write to us, you can send a letter to the following address:
    Optivo, Building 800, Guillat Avenue, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 8GU.


 As a large housing organisation handling hundreds of thousands of enquiries each year, we accept we sometimes get it wrong and don’t meet the high standards we set ourselves. This can result in a complaint.

To comply with the Housing Ombudsman Service, we use the following definition of a complaint:

'An expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of a service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting and individual resident or group of residents’.

To help us put you in touch with the right team, please carefully select the relevant option from the list below. 

Complaints help us learn and understand where we’ve gone wrong. We can then change how we work to make sure we don’t make the same mistake again. You also can trust us to take your feedback and use it to make us better.

We have carried out a self-assessment against the Housing Ombudsman’s new Complaint Handling Code.

You can also find more information about our approach to complaint handling in the following publications:


What to do if we’re unable to resolve your complaint

If we’re unable to resolve your case after going through each stage of our complaints process, you can ask the Housing Ombudsman Service (HOS) for a review. To contact the HOS, you can ask one of the following to refer your complaint:
  • A Member of Parliament (MP)
  • A local Councillor
  • A resident panel.
The other option is to contact the Housing Ombudsman Service eight weeks after the final letter. This eight weeks ‘cooling off’ period gives us another chance to resolve any outstanding issues.

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
Isle of Dogs,
E14 9GE


As a very large housing provider, we don’t always get everything right. If you feel we’ve failed our service standards or would like to make a complaint, our Customer Experience Team is here to help.
We make it easy for you to contact us by providing different channels (as listed above on this page or here).
Contacting members of our Executive Team directly (e.g. on social media or by email) isn’t the appropriate channel and doesn't make it easier for us to deal with your enquiry. Contacting us in this way can delay us being able to help you, as we don’t monitor their accounts or email addresses for customer enquiries.
We recommend using MyAccount (our online service) and, for emergencies, calling us on 0800 121 60 60.

Also in this section: